When you try to send and receive mails in Outlook 2010, you may encounter “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error. This commonly occur due to the change of PST file location or maybe you have upgraded from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 and being copied older PST data that Outlook 2007 was using.
Whatsoever may be the reason, when you get error message in Outlook you will not be able to receive any emails.
Manual method to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed 2010 error
After doing some research, I finally found a simple quick fix to resolve error “outlook data file cannot be accessed 2010”. This problem is mainly caused because of corruption in Outlook profile but don’t worry you can repair Outlook data file cannot be accessed by creating a new profile. First identify the current location of your default Outlook data file and follow below mentioned steps to create new profile that might resolve the issue.
- Open Control Panel by clicking on Start.
- In Mail Setup – Outlookbox, click on Show Profiles
- In Mail dialog box on the General tab click Add
- Give the name for new profile in the New Profile dialog box and then click OK.
- Type your email account information in the Add New Account dialog box and then hit on Next.
- Then finally click on Finish once the account is successfully configured.
If the above method does not resolve the error then don’t bother! Try to use consistent Outlook repair tool to fix outlook data file cannot be accessed error on Windows 10 computer.
Suggestions to be followed:
- Regularly backup Outlook data files on some external storage devices to prevent loss of data files.
- To protect your Windows 10 computer free from external threats always maintain effective anti-virus program.
- It’s better to take professional advice rather than following incorrect steps to fix outlook data file cannot be accessed error.
Reliable way to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed error
After trying all the manual methods if you are encountering same error message then time to go for some third party tool to repair outlook data file cannot be accessed error. One such quality application with high success rate is Remo Repair PST. Try this program, by downloading the free demo version of Remo Repair PST and install on your Windows desktop. Just run the software and you need to follow on-screen instructions which is very simple with its simple user friendly GUI. Upon successfully completion of repair process, you can even preview the repaired Outlook PST file contents. Buy the full licensed version of the toolkit to save fixed Outlook data file on your own Windows PC.
Know the exact cause of Outlook data file cannot be accessed error to avoid it in future
There are numerous reasons which are responsible for the occurrence of this issue in MS Outlook 2010, few most common factors are:
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook PST file.
- Corruption of Outlook data files due to virus attack, OS crash, etc.
- If the header of PST file gets damaged then it makes Outlook data files inaccessible.
- When Outlook OST file is corrupted due to unknown reasons you may get error messages.
Under all these known and unknown scenarios, Remo Repair PST wizard makes the Outlook data files accessible within mere seconds.