You delete files from your system when they are no longer needed or to clear up hard drive space. Normally, these deleted files are placed in the recycle bin. If you need the files at a later time, you can easily restore them from recycle bin using the Restore feature. However, if the files are large, deleted files bypass the recycle bin and are permanently deleted. Also, using Shift + Delete to delete a file or emptying the recycle bin results in permanent deletion of files.
What is meant by permanent deletion of files?
Permanent deletion means the system attaches a deleted tag on the deleted files and marks the hard disk space as available for use. Hence, the file becomes inaccessible from the user interface. In order to restore these files, you can use either manual or software methods. This article describes both the methods for recovery of permanently deleted files.
You can manually recover permanently deleted files using the 2 methods described.
1. To restore files from backup
- Go to Control Panel > System & Maintenance
- Then click on Backup & Restore
- Choose Restore my files and follow the steps in the wizard to restore your deleted files.
2. To restore files from previous versions
- Navigate to the folder that contained your deleted file/folder and right click on it.
- Then click on Restore previous sessions.
- You will see a list of all previous versions of the file/folder. You can choose the most recent version and save.
Software Method using Remo Recover
If manual methods do not recover your files, you need a professional data recovery tool called Remo Recover. It can recover permanently deleted files Windows 8, Windows 10 etc. It can recover files that are deleted using Shift + Delete and files that are emptied from the recycle bin. It supports data recovery from internal & external hard drives, USB’s, memory cards etc. All versions of Windows including Windows 10 are supported. A different version called Remo Recover Mac is available for Mac users.
An interesting feature of this software is that it provides a Save Recovery Session to save and resume recovery process anytime you wish. It also provides a preview feature to preview files before you make a decision to purchase the software.
Remo Recover makes recovery of deleted files simple for you. It can be done in a few steps.
- Download and install Remo Recover software on your system
- Click on Recover files to retrieve deleted/lost files
- Select the drive in which from which your data was deleted
- The software scans the drive and lists all recovered files
- Choose the file/s you wish to save
Note: The demo version of Remo Recover allows you to view your files. In order to save your files you need to purchase a licensed version of the software.